Click the links below for related posts:
- Tarte Au Citron
- Egg Tarts
- Egg Pie
- Apricot Almond Galette
- Kiwi Fruit Tart
- Go Back to Recipes For Grabs
Yield: Enough to line the bottom and cover the top of a 9-inch pan
Ingredients:2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 c cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 - 1/2 c ice cold water
- Combine flour and salt on a mixing bowl.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs or wet sand. Tip: work quickly as you don't want the butter to melt because the beads of cold butter is whats going to make your crust flaky.
- Add 1/4 c of the cold water into the dough; combine the water with the flour-butter mixture just until the dough holds its shape. If it's too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water at a time. You don't want a sticky dough; you just want the dough to be able to hold its shape. The amount of water added would depend on the humidity in the air of your kitchen, so there's no exact measurement.
- Wrap your dough in cling film and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll your dough to your desired shape and bake.
**Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart