Click the link below for related post:
Yield: about 1/2 cup
225 g sugar
1/2 t lemon juice
- Combine the sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan until it resembles wet sand.
- Heat the sugar on a medium heat.
- At this point, do not stir.
- Keep an eye on the sides and the middle.
- Once the sides are starting to melt and the center begins to smoke, you can now stir the sugar with a metal spoon.
- Continue heating and stir occasionally until desired color.
- Quickly place the bottom of the pan on a bowl of ice water to stop the caramel from cooking.
- Use immediately.