Yield: 8 x 3 1/2 loaf pan or 750 ml bowl
70 g unsalted butter
3/4 c sugar
1 c all purpose flour
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
zest of 1 orange
1/4 c orange juice
- Prepare the pan by greasing it with butter and coating all sides of the pan with sugar. It is optional to put slices of orange at the bottom of the pan for a pretty finish.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- On a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- In three batches, alternately add the flour mixture and orange juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. The mixture might look curdled, but don't worry, it's ok..
- Fold in the orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Invert then serve.
* You can also add poppy seeds to the pound cake batter before baking; this will make your pound cake extra special with the poppy seeds' fragrance.