Click the links below for related posts:
- Fondant Cake - Purple Yam Cake with Coconut Cream Filling
- Kiwi Fruit Tart
- Mille Feuille
- Steamed Puddings served with Custard Sauce
- Go Back to Recipes for Grabs
* 1/2 t vanilla is used to flavour the pastry cream. You can change it to have different flavours. Like in one of my posts, I replaced it with hazelnut paste, to make hazelnut custard sauce. The measurement won't be 1/2 t though; I just eyeball the measurements to be honest. Taste it until it tastes good for you!
* For the custard sauce bit, I added more milk to make the mixture thinner.
* Coconut Cream Variation: Simply replace the milk content of this recipe to coconut milk.