Click the link below for related post:
Yield: 200 ml ice cream
125 ml heavy cream
60 ml (1/4 c) pastry cream
*flavouring; I used 1/4 of a vanilla pod
- On a blender, blend the pastry cream and the vanilla pod. Set aside.
- In a freezer friendly container, whip the heavy cream until soft peak form.
- Mix in the pastry cream.
- Freeze the mixture until the sides of the mixture starts to set, maybe around 30 minutes.
- Whip up the mixture again until the clumps from the set sides of the ice cream are well combined with the rest of the mixture. Freeze again for about 30 minutes. Do this process four times.
- After the fourth time, let the ice cream freeze properly. Et voila!
- Note: freezing time intervals between each whip up would be longer if you are making more quantity of ice cream. Just always check if the sides of the ice cream is beginning to set; that's a sign that it's ready to be whipped again.