Click the link below for related link:
188 ml water
175 g sugar
juice of 1/8 lemon
1/4 vanilla pod
- Slice the peaches in half. If the stones come out easily, remove them, if not, you can remove them later after poaching. Set aside.
- Put water, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise then scrape of the seeds; add the seeds and pod into the saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan gently until the sugar dissolves; let it boil for 3 minutes then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Poach the peach halves in the sugar syrup for about 3-4 minutes each side, depending on the ripeness of the fruit. It's ready when it's soft when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Remove peaches from poaching syrup.
- Let it cool for a bit. Remove the stones that are still on the peaches, and peel of the skin of the peaches. Voila!
- You can use the peaches immediately, if not keep in the fridge with the poaching syrup. You can use the leftover syrup for your next poaching or use it as a syrup to brush on cakes.