Click a link below for related post:
- Fondant Cake - Spiced Apple Cake with Maple Buttercream Filling and Toasted Walnuts
- Rose Cupcakes with Light Raspberry Cream and Raspberry Jam Filling
- Fondant Cake - Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Filling
- Fondant Cake - Purple Yam Cake with Coconut Cream Filling
- Fondant Cake - Lemon Cake with Whipped White Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Jam Filling
- Go Back to Recipes for Grabs
Yield: Don't know the exact yield, but it's enough to crumb coat and frost 2 round cakes (6 inch and 3 1/2 inch). And there's about a cup leftover.
5 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- Put the egg whites and sugar in a saucepan. Heat up and stir constantly until the mixture is warm to the touch.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peak.
- Still mixing, add in the butter a couple at a time.
- Once everything is added in, continue mixing. The mixture won't look like buttercream at this stage, but continue mixing. The mixture would even turn into like a curddled cream, don't worry it's normal. Continue mixing until it will eventually become buttercream.
- You can also add flavor to this buttercream by adding jams, flavor extracts of your preference or 90 g of melted chocolate.