Click the link below for related post:
Yield: about 3 servings of 125 ml mold
1 1/2 gelatin leaf
250 ml heavy cream50 g sugar
zest of 1/8 of an orange
1/8 vanilla bean
70 ml milk
- Soak gelatin leaf in ice cold water; set aside to let it soften.
- Pour heavy cream in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar and orange zest.
- Scrape off the vanilla seeds out of the pod then add in the seeds as well as the pod into the heavy cream mixture.
- Heat the heavy cream mixture until scalding. Set aside.
- Heat the milk until scalding in a separate pot.
- Put the cream mixture back into the heat then add the milk into the cream mixture. Allow the mixture to scald.
- Remove off heat, add the softened gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Pour panna cotta mixture into desired molds or containers. Cool down and let it set in the refrigerator (around 8 hours).
- To serve: You can serve the panna cotta in the container given the container is presentable like a shot glass or ramekin. You can also serve the panna cotta unmolded by immersing the container in hot water for 10 seconds, then inverting the container onto you serving plate.
**Recipe adapted from The Professional Pastry Chef