Click the link below for related post:
- Fondant Cake - Spiced Apple Cake with Maple Buttercream Filling and Toasted Walnuts
- Go Back to Recipes for Grabs
Yield: approximately 250 g worth of gumpaste
Ingredients:7 g unflavored gelatin powder
35 ml cold water
210 g powdered sugar
- Combine the gelatin powder and cold water in a heat proof container, and allow to rest for about 3 minutes or until the gelatin looks plump (this process is called blooming the gelatin).
- Place the container containing the bloomed gelatin on top of simmering water, and stir the gelatin until it has melted.
- Put the powdered sugar on a clean table. Make a well on the center of the powdered sugar, and pour the melted gelatin into the well.
- Slowly incorporate the powdered sugar and the gelatin until it forms into a mass.
- Knead the gumpaste until smooth and pliable.
- Add your desired color. If you don't intend to use it yet, store in an airtight container.