Click the link below for related post:
- Fondant Cake - Spiced Apple Cake with Maple Buttercream Filling and Toasted Walnuts
- Go Back to Recipes for Grabs
Ingredients:3 egg yolks
225 ml maple syrup
225 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Whip the egg yolks slightly for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup until it reads 240 F on your candy thermometer (this will take around 15 minutes).
- Pour the hot maple syrup into the egg yolks (while whipping) on a steady stream.
- Continue whipping until the sides of the bowl has cooled down.
- Add the butter a couple of pieces at a time.