Click a link below for related post:
- Fondant Cake - Chocolate Cake/Cupcakes and Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream Filling
- Fondant Cake - Spiced Apple Cake with Maple Buttercream Filling and Toasted Walnuts
- Daring Bakers' Challenge - September 2010: Decorated Sugar Cookies
- Go Back to Recipes for Grabs
Yield: approximately 1 1/2 cups
1 egg white
1 t lemon juice
165 g powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg white and lemon juice, then place it on top of simmering water.
- Stir constantly and remove from simmering water as soon as the egg whites are warm to touch. (Most if not all recipes for royal icing don't do this 'simmering water' step; I only do this so that my egg whites won't be raw.)
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined and the consistency is smooth.
- Now it's time to mix the colors you will use for your treat.
- Note: royal icing dries up quick, so it would be recommended that icing that is not in use to be covered with plastic or damp towel.