Click the link below for related post:
|Toffee used in banoffee pie; I added 50 ml more cream to the recipe to get a thinner consistency|
200 g sugar
28 g unsalted butter
80 ml heavy cream
- Melt sugar in a heavy sauce pan until it turns into a nice caramel amber color.
- Immediately add the butter while swirling the pan.
- Once the butter has completely melted, remove off heat.
- Add the cream while stirring continuously with a spoon. Be careful at this stage as the addition of the cream will agitate the caramel, making it give a harsh bubbly sound and might spat a bit.
- You can use toffee immediately or let it cool first before using; it all depends on what you are going to use the toffee for.